RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood TH-G71 Mods (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/19297-kenwood-th-g71-mods.html)

Joel October 30th 04 10:36 PM

Ed October 31st 04 03:47 AM

Ed October 31st 04 03:47 AM

Ed October 31st 04 03:47 AM

I'm wanting to mod my G71A to send at 151.xxx MHz. Does anyone
know how to do this? The doc at http://www.angelfire.com/ca/ke6gwf/
no longer exists.

You can find most mods at http://www.mods.dk

Yours, in particular, is at: http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=504

Ed K7AAT

Theplanters95 November 1st 04 04:50 AM

Is it legal to modify your Kenwood to transmit on that frequency? From a
technical standpoint, is it worth it?

Randy ka4nma

Theplanters95 November 1st 04 04:50 AM

Theplanters95 November 1st 04 04:50 AM

Joel November 2nd 04 06:59 PM

Ed wrote

You can find most mods at http://www.mods.dk

Yours, in particular, is at: http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ArticleId=504

Ed K7AAT

Great! Thank you very much.

JC KC0QHD

Joel November 2nd 04 06:59 PM

Ed wrote

Joel November 2nd 04 06:59 PM

Ed wrote

Ed November 2nd 04 08:25 PM

Is it legal to modify your Kenwood to transmit on that frequency? From a
technical standpoint, is it worth it?

From a practical standpoint, I found it is. I used my modified HT as a
test tool hundreds of times instead of hauling out my IFR. It saved me, my
employer, and my customers a lot of time over the years.

Incidently, my HT was capable of transmit low power at 30 milliwatts
level, which was very useful plus kept the signal from going far.

Ed