RadioBanter

-   -   <> Equipment advice Kenwood TS-450S/AT (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/19887-%3C%3Chelp%3E%3E-equipment-advice-kenwood-ts-450s.html)

Chuck December 1st 04 12:25 AM

<> Equipment advice Kenwood TS-450S/AT

I am looking to replace my Kenwood 520 and have a chance to purchase a
Kenwood TS-450S/AT at a very reasonable price in working condition. Any
advice pros or cons would be appreciated.

73's
Chuck

Murray December 1st 04 03:50 AM

Chuck wrote:
I am looking to replace my Kenwood 520 and have a chance to purchase a
Kenwood TS-450S/AT at a very reasonable price in working condition. Any
advice pros or cons would be appreciated.

73's
Chuck

great rig, they are bringing 500+ for nice ones....no known faults or
regular troubles....should be good!! Check out who you buy from, get
phone # and call it and check it against the address if its a
stranger...73 Murray

Murray December 1st 04 04:07 AM

Chuck wrote:
I am looking to replace my Kenwood 520 and have a chance to purchase a
Kenwood TS-450S/AT at a very reasonable price in working condition. Any
advice pros or cons would be appreciated.

73's
Chuck

Great radio, worth around 500 maybe more, if a good one, no know
consistant faults...Youll love it...Murray

John December 2nd 04 01:29 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:50:35 -0600, Murray wrote:

Chuck wrote:
I am looking to replace my Kenwood 520 and have a chance to purchase a
Kenwood TS-450S/AT at a very reasonable price in working condition. Any
advice pros or cons would be appreciated.

73's
Chuck

great rig, they are bringing 500+ for nice ones....no known faults or
regular troubles....should be good!! Check out who you buy from, get
phone # and call it and check it against the address if its a
stranger...73 Murray

I bought one over a year ago, It was in perfact shape, with all the
innards intact and clean. It also had all the filters and works great.
It is a fine rig that can be used as fixed or mobile.
Good luck.

john