RadioBanter

-   -   2 way radios (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/20610-2-way-radios.html)

[email protected] December 28th 04 12:31 PM

2 way radios

Hello!

I would like to buy a pair of "walkie talkies" to allow myself and
a friend to talk without incurring large cell phone bills.

We are on opposite sides of a town, about 3 to 4 miles apart (although
we will be moving closer soon - around 1 to 2 miles apart).

Please can you recommend a good product or range of products that will
work for this purpose?

Thanks!!

-wgrant909

[email protected] December 28th 04 05:31 PM

thanks for the reply fred - i'll keep investigating. GMRS looks like
the way to go

[email protected] December 28th 04 05:31 PM

Steveo December 30th 04 06:38 AM

"danjr" wrote:
get an amateur radio license. This is an amateur radio radio group.

That's the attitude.

Steveo December 30th 04 06:38 AM

[email protected] December 30th 04 11:08 AM

wow you guys aren't too friendly - don't worry i'll not post here
again.

good bye.

[email protected] December 30th 04 11:08 AM

Ken Taylor December 30th 04 07:00 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
wow you guys aren't too friendly - don't worry i'll not post here
again.

good bye.

Fortunately Fred gave you a good response and Steveo was actually dripping
sarcasm (I'm still mopping it up over here), so that was only one turkey
response. Not bad on the net.

Ken