RadioBanter

-   -   Blimey! £3000 !!!!! (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/223716-blimey-%A33000.html)

gareth February 17th 16 10:09 PM

Blimey! £3000 !!!!!

In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is £3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] February 17th 16 10:35 PM

Blimey! £3000 !!!!!

"gareth" wrote in message
In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a
snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is £3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

I did that with a 19 set and I still don't know what I am doing .......

gareth February 17th 16 11:22 PM

Blimey! £3000 !!!!!

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a
snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is £3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I
disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

I did that with a 19 set and I still don't know what I am doing .......

The VMARS stand at Didcot had a restored 19 set on display, out
ot its case. When I mentioned to the guy that they were available in the
1960s for £4-19-6d, long before I could ever afford such a sum, he intimated
that one in pristine condition today would sell for £400+

Michael Black[_2_] February 17th 16 11:59 PM

Blimey! ?3000 !!!!!

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"gareth" wrote in message
In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a
snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is ?3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

I did that with a 19 set and I still don't know what I am doing .......

Anyone could be confused when the panel was labelled in Russian.

Michael

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 18th 16 01:49 PM

Blimey! ?3000 !!!!!

news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1602171859390.23886@darkstar. example.org...

"gareth" wrote in message
In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a
snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is ?3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I
disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

I did that with a 19 set and I still don't know what I am doing .......

Anyone could be confused when the panel was labelled in Russian.

Michael

mine was a mk2 russian ....