RadioBanter

-   -   [W2LJ] KX3 - now may be THE time to buy! (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/224401-%5Bw2lj%5D-kx3-now-may-time-buy.html)

W2LJ via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin May 21st 16 05:21 AM

[W2LJ] KX3 - now may be THE time to buy!

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

KX3 - now may be THE time to buy!

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

Wow!

Keeping an eye on the QRP reflectors, it seems that KX2 mania has seriously
taken hold (and Hamvention has just barely begun!). If you don't mind
having a "previously owned" (read ......used) KX3, then keep your eyes on
QRP-L, the Elecraft reflector, QRZ.COM and eHam over the next few weeks.

I see a few guys are already selling off their KX3s so that they can
purchase a KX2. Not sure if this will become a trend, or of the wisdom of
it, but then I am not yet a SOTAteer, either. The additional size and
weight of the KX3 are not sticking points for the type of portable ops that
I do. But for some, especially those who do long hikes, I guess it is a
case of "smaller and lighter = better".

In any event, if you're looking ...... you just might find that for which
you are seeking.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!