Post : Rescue on Uncompahgre Peak (1992)
Author : Bob K0NR

I came across this story in my archives, written by me way back in August
1992. This was before mobile phones were commonly available, so ham radio
turned out to be critical in this incident. Even today, there are many places
in the Colorado backcountry where mobile phones don't work but amateur radio
can communicate. My callsign at the time was KBØCY

[...]