RadioBanter

-   -   [KB6NU] There is nothing new under the sun (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/258879-%5Bkb6nu%5D-there-nothing-new-under-sun.html)

KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin June 5th 18 07:05 PM

[KB6NU] There is nothing new under the sun

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

There is nothing new under the sun

This has been making the rounds lately. It comes from the October 1920 QST.
It really is true. There is nothing new under the sun

The post There is nothing new under the sun appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.

Random links: Get on the sats for 25 bucks, build a simple choke balun,
through-hole or surface mount?

When I run across something interesting on the internet, I tend to open a
browser window and leave it open until I can get back to it. Here are three
amateur radio-related links that Ive had open for a couple of days now. Now
that Ive blogged about them, I can close the browser window.
Get on the sats for $25

Simple 1:1 choke balun

With an M0PZT center insulator, a ferrite core, andÂ*a length of RG-58 coax,
you can build a simple choke balun. If you have a center insulator with an
SO-239 connector, such as the HQ-1 center insulator, you could make this
with an RG-58 jumper cable.

btw, this is the first time Ive seen these center insulators from M0PZT. At
£6.00, they seem like a pretty good deal.
How to build a PCB: through-hole or surface mount?

Lots of parts are no longer available in a through-hole package, so
increasingly the choice is going to be surface mount.

The post Random links: Get on the sats for 25 bucks, build a simple choke
balun, through-hole or surface mount? appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio
Blog.