Old August 12th 18, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] 3D printed parts for ham radio

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

3D printed parts for ham radio

One of the things that I keep telling myself that I need to learn how to do
is 3D printing. This morning, I ran across a couple more 3D printing
projects for ham radio that I thought Id pass along.

The first I found on reddit: 3D Printed Parts for Portable Tape Measure
Yagi Designs.The summary on Thingiverse says:

These parts are made for use with 1 inch PVC pipe and 1 harbor freight tape
measure steel. You can use electrical tape to attach the element holders to
the side of the pipe, and use the driven element bridge to give structural
rigidity across the driven dipole element. I have used this with up to 5
elements on 2m with good success. When not using the antenna, just pinch
the elements to remove them from the holders, and store them INSIDE the
tube! you can add some end caps to make this ultra portable. Use these
parts with any of the multitude of tape measure YAGI design guides online.

Heres a look at an antenna made with these parts:

The element holders are attached to the boom with electrical tape in the
photo above. While I havent tried it, Id suggest that the antenna might be
a bit more robust if you could screw or perhaps glue the holders to the
boom.

There are lots of other cool amateur radio 3D printing projects available
on Thingiverse. Browsing through the list quickly, here are just two that
look like they might be useful to me:

Soldering Fingers. This project looks simple and quick.
µBitx Case. I still gotta do something with the µBitx I bought (see image
at right).

Have any of you 3D printed anything cool for your ham radio projects? Is
there another source of designs for ham radio 3D printed stuff besides
Thingiverse?

The post 3D printed parts for ham radio appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio
Blog.

[KB6NU] One-Day Tech class videos: VHF/UHF Propagation, Parts I and II KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 October 17th 16 06:10 PM
[KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: Hand-carried antennas, 3D printed antenna parts KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 August 25th 16 05:48 PM
[KB6NU] From my Twitter feed: HamSci, JT65, Parts.io KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 June 2nd 16 05:03 PM
Balun for printed dipole Marty Antenna 3 March 22nd 04 07:46 PM
Looking for custom printed mic windscreens Humpty Dumpty Broadcasting 2 December 12th 03 03:27 PM