Old January 2nd 19, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default [KB6NU] Still looking for an IC-7300 memory manager

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Still looking for an IC-7300 memory manager

I love it when readers ask me questions. They get me to do some research
and provide a lot of material for this blog. Not only that, they help me
find products and resources that make amateur radio more fun.

A couple of days ago, Pat, W5WTH wrote:

I really enjoy the blog and your Tech and General books helped me a great
deal.Â* I also really enjoy the podcast (great audio quality on that,
btw), Â*THX!!

In a previous post, you wrote about the lack of IC-7300 support in Chirp.
Did you ever find a Chirp (or Chirp like) solution for managing the IC7300
memories?
The Win4IcomSuite website says that it can display the ICOM spectrum scope.
See below.

I never did much more research into this, but Pats email prompted me to do
a little Googling this morning. I did aÂ*search for ic7300 memory manager”
and came up with a few hits:

WCS-7300 Radio Programming Software from RT
SystemsÂ*(https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/Articles.asp?ID=582). This looks like
a nice package—as are all the RT Systems software packages—butÂ*costs $35.
Win4IcomSuite (https://icom.va2fsq.com/). This program costs $50, but is a
more comprehensive package than WCS-7300. Â*Think of it as HamRadioDeluxe
for Icoms. An intriguing feature is that it says it “supports the built-in
ICOM spectrum scopes.” I didn’t think that this was possible with the
IC-7300, but I could beÂ* wrong (see image above). If so, this would be a
cool feature. I’ve emailed VA2FSQ to get a clarification.
VK4ADC Icom Memories Manager
(https://www.vk4adc.com/web/software-...s/49-icommems).
Unfortunately, while this shows up in a Google search, the website seems to
be down.
G3NRW IC-7300 Resources Page (http://g3nrw.net/IC-7300/?page_id=323). This
page lists a lot of software, including the WCS-7300 and Win4IcomSuite,
that can either be used to control the IC-7300 or can be used to do digital
modes with the IC-7300.

I dont think that my laptop has enough computing power to really do
Win4IcomSuite justice, but I have a new tower computer on the way. If
Win4IcomSuite can really do all that it says it can do, I think I’m going
to pop for it when my new computer shows up and I get it all set up.

The post Still looking for an IC-7300 memory manager appeared first on
KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.