RadioBanter

-   -   <> Need info from someones memory that is better than mine! (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/63478-%3C%3Chelp%3E%3E-need-info-someones-memory-better-than-mine.html)

WØCBF February 3rd 05 05:48 PM

<> Need info from someones memory that is better than mine!

Back in the mid 70's Motorola made a console that would fit between the
driver and passenger seat. It was made of a black plastic and the main
use was to mount a rig on the front causing the face of the rig to face
the top of the car at a slight angle for easy viewing and the rear of
the rig would fit over the seat. It also contained a place for an
internal speaker and a center console area that would open for storage
or could be used for writing if closed.

Does anyone remember these or might know where I could find one???

I tried eBay already and have never seen them listed.

Thanks
Chuck
W=D8CBF

Ed February 4th 05 10:10 PM

Back in the mid 70's Motorola made a console that would fit between the
driver and passenger seat. It was made of a black plastic and the main
use was to mount a rig on the front causing the face of the rig to face
the top of the car at a slight angle for easy viewing and the rear of
the rig would fit over the seat. It also contained a place for an
internal speaker and a center console area that would open for storage
or could be used for writing if closed.

Does anyone remember these or might know where I could find one???

You might go join the Yahoo groups "LMR" (Land Mobile Radio) and post
this question there. That is a discussion group for Mobile Radio
Maintenance professionals and many there go back a long ways.

Ed K7AAT