RadioBanter

-   -   WANTED: vintage Tekni-Cals water transfer decals (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/64871-wanted-vintage-tekni-cals-water-transfer-decals.html)

K5DH February 19th 05 02:14 AM

WANTED: vintage Tekni-Cals water transfer decals

I'm looking for some vintage water transfer decals
from Tekni-Cals. They made sets specifically for
amateur radio constructors with labels for xmtrs,
rcvrs, etc. I need them in WHITE. I have black
but they don't work well on black radio panels!
I'd also like advice on what to use in place of
their setting solution. Will the stuff that the
model train guys use work with those old vintage
labels?

73,
Dean K5DH

Dale Parfitt February 19th 05 03:42 AM

"K5DH" wrote in message
I'm looking for some vintage water transfer decals
from Tekni-Cals. They made sets specifically for
amateur radio constructors with labels for xmtrs,
rcvrs, etc. I need them in WHITE. I have black
but they don't work well on black radio panels!
I'd also like advice on what to use in place of
their setting solution. Will the stuff that the
model train guys use work with those old vintage
labels?

73,
Dean K5DH

Hi Dean,
You can make your own water slip decals by purchasing media from a number of
WEB stores- try Google search under water slip decals. In your case you will
need to find someone with an ALPS printer to do white.

Dale W4OP