RadioBanter

-   -   Anyone pull COS off an ADI? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/66906-anyone-pull-cos-off-adi.html)

Jimmy Mac March 16th 05 02:41 PM

Anyone pull COS off an ADI?

Hi All,

I am going to be using an ADI 247 as a temporary link radio and am wondering
if anyone has used one of these in the past.

If you have, can you give me any tips on where the best point to pull COS
from may be? hi or lo... either will suffice.

Thanks!

Jim...
kb6zop at [manicarcade] DOT com

Jimmy Mac March 20th 05 03:26 AM

Well I did it..

I simply took the time with an old analog VM and I found exactly what I was
looking for..

On the ADI AR-247, I was able to locate both COS Hi and COS Low.

Pins 10 (SQ) & 12 (SM) on CN4 will provide Active Low and Active High
respectively.
It's only about 4 Volts on my meter but that's more than enough to trigger
my IRLP v3 card.

I simply pulled my COS from the leg of VR1 for my active high.

J..