RadioBanter

-   -   Any Kenwood TM733A owners? (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/69362-any-kenwood-tm733a-owners.html)

Mike April 21st 05 12:44 AM

Any Kenwood TM733A owners?

I just acquired a TM733a and am unable to input a freq directly from
the mic keypad in VFO mode - the other keys across the top work
though, VFO, MR, etc - is there some trick to this, or maybe the
keypad has issues? thanks Mike

Dave Platt April 21st 05 01:39 AM

In article 1114040649.a4b594b3a749aa864ef9a5ea6684dc1e@teran ews,
Mike wrote:

I just acquired a TM733a and am unable to input a freq directly from
the mic keypad in VFO mode - the other keys across the top work
though, VFO, MR, etc - is there some trick to this, or maybe the
keypad has issues? thanks Mike

There's a trick to it.

First, press [F] + [VFO] + POWER ON. This assigns the "Enter" function to
the PF button on the microphone.

Then, to enter a frequency directly:

Press BAND SEL to select the desired band.
Press VFO.
Press microphone PF.

You can then enter the digits whose places are indicated by "-" on the
display. Press any mic button other than a digit or PF to cancel
direct entry and return to VFO mode.

I'd strongly suggest that you go to www.mods.dk, click Kenwood and
then Manuals, and download the TM733a manual. It looks as if this
radio's human interface is very non-intuitive!

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Spudz April 21st 05 02:26 PM

Thanks Dave, that worked!