RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: Icom 746PRO (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/69728-wtb-icom-746pro.html)

=K=5=D=H= April 25th 05 01:34 PM

WTB: Icom 746PRO

Looking to buy a used Icom 746PRO.

Must be in perfect working condition and in mint or
near-mint cosmetic condition. Must come from a non-
smoking environment. Must come with the original
manual/box/packing/accessories. It would be nice to
have the PS-125 power supplt, SP-21 spkr, and SM-20
desk mic, or some combination thereof, but not having
some or all will not be a deal-breaker.

In first message, please state price, condition,
damage/repair history, modifications if any, what
accessories/options are included, and where you
are located.

Thanks and 73,
Dean K5DH

Charlie April 26th 05 05:10 AM

Gee...not too picky are you? Let me guess you want all this for $500
max..right?

"dream on lil' dreamer..dream on...."

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

farfromsane April 26th 05 05:24 AM

Gee...it sounds to me like he wants one that:

A. Works as it should
B. Looks nice
C. Has items it originally came with
D. Doesn't smell like some ashtray in a stinky tavern

Good luck Dean!

=K=5=D=H= April 26th 05 01:43 PM

Hi Charlie,

Picky? No, I don't think so. I want a rig that works
right, hasn't been abused, doesn't reek of cigarette
smoke, and comes with what it's supposed to come with.
I don't think I'm being picky. I don't buy junk. I
buy nice gear. If I could get a nice one for $500, I
would jump on it! However, the going price seems to
be $750 to $1100, depending on the accessories and
options that are included. I fully expect to have to
spend that kind of money.

Not that it's any of your business, of course.

73,
Dean K5DH

In article , says...

Charlie April 27th 05 07:05 PM

I apologize for being so terse John..I really do. IMHO you'll be happiest
with a new rig.

73 / DX

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Charlie April 27th 05 07:05 PM

WHOOPs..I meant -DEAN- and not -JOHN-

Sorry Dean...

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Bob Miller April 28th 05 03:53 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:43:07 GMT, (=K=5=D=H=) wrote:

Hi Charlie,

Picky? No, I don't think so. I want a rig that works
right, hasn't been abused, doesn't reek of cigarette
smoke, and comes with what it's supposed to come with.
I don't think I'm being picky. I don't buy junk. I
buy nice gear. If I could get a nice one for $500, I
would jump on it! However, the going price seems to
be $750 to $1100, depending on the accessories and
options that are included. I fully expect to have to
spend that kind of money.

Not that it's any of your business, of course.

73,
Dean K5DH

there are a few on ebay now fitting that description & price range...

bob
k5qwg

In article ,
says...

=K=5=D=H= April 28th 05 01:24 PM

Yep, got 'em in my "Watch This Item" list!

73,
Dean K5DH

In article ,
says...