Old July 12th 05, 01:46 AM
Peter LaGrange

Charlie wrote:

I have been on Usenet for 20 years or more and it is always the
same....people just wait in the wings to take pot shots at others. I posted
a link to the tower photos and all I got was ridicule and cuss words.

You'd think your twenty years of Usenet experience would not have failed
you like this.

Sorry to rob you all of the splendor of viewing my new tower down on the
ground.

You ****ers are all a bunch of real sick *******s.

No one wants your tower to fall down, nor harm to you or your family.
But you basically posted troll fodder and then have the audacity to
whine when it's not the attention you so wanted.

If you don't like the heat, don't post stupid things on Usenet.

Old July 12th 05, 01:48 AM
David G. Nagel

Charlie wrote:

Because the images are virtually the same..even if I stepped outside and
shot a "true after" picture it would be the same image.

Sorry to disappoint all you guys but there was no damage here.....as all but
a very few "tower experts" predicted.

If they are two different pictures why do they have the same file name?

Dave N
Old July 12th 05, 02:35 AM
spaceyfi

Definately, sometimes we learn our lessons the hard way.

Susan
Ham to be
Husband Leon is KB7YXG

Old July 13th 05, 05:40 AM
Rick Scott

Bob Miller wrote:

Yep, those tropical depressions can be rough -- let us know next time
it rains in Union -- we'll want to see "before & after" pics of your
tower.

bob
k5qwg

Hardly even a tropical depression. here is the WEATHER.COM Wind history
for Union (Actually Meridian) for the last few days. I would not call
it a Cat 4 Hurricane, but like every thing Charlie says its an exaggeration

http://www.wunderground.com/history/....html#calendar

DATE High Avg Gusts Events
9 24 3 59 Rain , Thunderstorm
10 37 8 28 Rain
11 21 13 20 Rain
12 16 2 30 Thunderstorm
Old July 13th 05, 05:45 AM
Rick Scott

Charlie wrote:
President Bush has authorized "Disaster Relief Funds" for 38 counties in
Mississippi including my county of Newton.
1. http://www.wtok.com/home/headlines/1678647.html

NOT FOR DISASTER RELIEF FUNDS but Federal assistance for Debris Removal
and Emergency services ... NOT A DISASTER AREA. Nice Exaggeration!

Additionally, Brown said the state and affected local governments in 23
counties are eligible to apply for federal funds to pay 100 percent of
the approved costs for debris removal and emergency services related to
the hurricane, including requested emergency work undertaken by the
federal government, for a period of up to 72 hours.

The 23 counties designated eligible for the assistance include Clarke,
Covington, Forrest, George, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson,
Jefferson Davis, Jones, Kemper, Lamar, Lauderdale, Lowndes, Marion,
Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Pearl River, Perry, Smith, Stone, and Walthall.

Old July 13th 05, 11:43 AM
Ed Price

"Charlie" wrote in message
The images are the same yeah...DUH!!
Since there was no damage.....except perhaps your brain damage.
You don't catch on too fast do you?

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Well, this will be my last post on this thread. I think Charlie has burnt
his last shred of credibility by using identical images for "before" and
"after" evidence. I'm sure everyone noted that not even a single tree leaf
was lost during that disaster, so I suppose Charlie could also claim that
his tower is as strong as a leaf, maybe even stronger!

Since Charlie doesn't seem to worry too much about factual evidence, his
request for technical comments must have been posted for entertainment
value, and in that, he certainly has succeeded. Can we look forward to
annual updates posting the same original image, thereby proving that Chuckie
has not only built a strong, but an eternal tower?

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old July 13th 05, 11:56 AM
Ed Price

"Charlie" wrote in message
There are no distortions Ken. The tower looks the same the day before
Dennis as it does now the day after. The WHOLE POINT in using 2 identical
photos was to illustrate that there IS NO DIFFERENCE after the storm.

I have been on Usenet for 20 years or more and it is always the
same....people just wait in the wings to take pot shots at others. I
posted a link to the tower photos and all I got was ridicule and cuss
words.

Now that it survived the affects of hurricane Dennis I get accusations
that Dennis never even came near my home.
You guys can all go fish..or any other "F" word you might be able to think
of.

Sorry to rob you all of the splendor of viewing my new tower down on the
ground.

You ****ers are all a bunch of real sick *******s.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Deep South 2 Meter SSB Net
www.deepsouthnet.net

Yeah, this is definitely my last post on the thread.

Charlie, you are a damn liar. If you go back to the record, you will find
that I responded with cogent comment regarding legalities of encroachment,
concerns about mechanical stress and inadequacies of base planning. For
whatever personal reasons you have, you are incapable of accepting the
realistic analyses that you requested.

Here Chuckie, print this and post it on your wall: You've got one tremendous
tower, good buddy, and I'm proud to say that I live 2000 miles away from it,
and you!

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old July 13th 05, 12:01 PM
Ed Price

"spaceyfi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Definately, sometimes we learn our lessons the hard way.

Susan
Ham to be
Husband Leon is KB7YXG

Some people, a select few, can repeat the course indefinitely, yet still
rant at the gods over their misfortunes.

--
Ed
WB6WSN

Old July 13th 05, 01:04 PM
Big Endian

In article gf6Be.31364$ro.4327@fed1read02,
"Ed Price" wrote:

"Charlie" wrote in message
[...]

Me thinks charlie is a kook.
Old July 15th 05, 03:57 AM
Ed

In all honesty to those that ridiculed the tower and it's associated
riggings etc...I have posted photos of the damage incurred from the
category 4 hurricane Dennis.

According to my map you weren't hit by hurricane Dennis..... maybe a
bit of tropical storm.... maybe.

Ed

AD5TH Tower - Storm Damage Photos Charlie Antenna 60 July 24th 05 01:10 AM
AD5TH Tower Project Completed - Pics Online [email protected] Antenna 9 July 6th 05 09:05 PM
FYI: NOAA Lightning Safety Awareness Week K4YZ Policy 0 June 8th 05 02:25 AM
Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
Is lighting nuts? CIL Antenna 29 October 23rd 04 11:38 PM