RadioBanter

-   -   KA9Q software applications (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/89425-ka9q-software-applications.html)

The Eighth Doctor February 25th 06 10:46 PM

KA9Q software applications

Hello!
It seems I have been put into an unsual position. An amateur radio operator who's
something of a noob when it comes to computers wants me to setup the NOS
(KA9Q and descendants) package to be a server for both TNC hardware, and to
accept dialed connections from the outside. Typically the whole setup would work
as a repeater working unattended. I can setup the networking software, I've done it
seven or eight times.

But can it be used the same as say a BBS program back when those were popular
were? And the funny part is that he's going to be using a Palm Pilot Vx most of the
time to do that function.
--
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net