RadioBanter

-   -   Mobile mounts (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/90139-mobile-mounts.html)

David Shrader March 7th 06 10:43 PM

Mobile mounts

I have been using the Diamond K400C mounted on the lip of the bed in my
Ford Ranger with Hamsticks successfully for four years.

I'm planning on moving up to a heavier antenna system, 500 watts on 60
meters [50 watts ERP], and am looking for manufacturers of sturdier
mounts short of welding a support to the vehicle frame.

Who has comments? Pls provide URLs either direct response or on list.

David Shrader March 8th 06 09:01 PM

Mobile mounts

Leanne wrote:

"David Shrader" wrote in message

I have been using the Diamond K400C mounted on the lip of the bed in my
Ford Ranger with Hamsticks successfully for four years.

I'm planning on moving up to a heavier antenna system, 500 watts on 60
meters [50 watts ERP], and am looking for manufacturers of sturdier
mounts short of welding a support to the vehicle frame.

Who has comments? Pls provide URLs either direct response or on list.

For a start, take a look at http://wb0w.com/Mobile_Acc/pickupbedmnts.htm

Leanne - W1WXS

Leanne, TU, I'm looking at them.

I used a stake hole mount a long time ago with fair results.

I may have had installation issues. I'll take another look.

DD, W1MCE