Old March 19th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael A. Terrell

Default Test equipment AC socket question - 1 attachment

Ed wrote:

I have a Hewlett Packard 204B audio generator. It has an older style AC
socket on the back.... oval like a racetrack, and has the three pins
sticking out for hot, neutral, and ground.

Does anyone know where I might find the AC cord, or at least a matching
plug to go with such a unit? I've searched all my catalogs to no avail.

Picture available for email if anyone wants to see what I'm talking
about.

Ed K7AAT

[Image]

Belden made this cordset in two versions, 17280 & 17952. This is
from the 1979 Belden catalog. They differ in which pin goes to line and
neutral. ECM-280 & ECM-952 from http://www.electri-cord.com/product.html
are supposed to be the replacement for the Belden cables.

Mouser lists the Belden 17952 as non stocked item, # 566-17952, but has
a $5.75 price for single quantities:
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?&handler=data.listcategory&D=*56617952*& terms=566-17952&Ntt=*56617952*&Dk=1&Ns=SField&N=0&crc=true

http://www.electronicsurplus.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=77332&czuid=1125471856053
is a surplus dealer, showing 13 in stock.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old March 19th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed

Michael,

Thank you very much for such a very helpful answer to my question. I
will have the cords I need ordered soon, thanks to you.

73

Ed K7AAT
Old March 19th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Richard Crowley

"Ed" wrote ...
Michael,

Thank you very much for such a very helpful answer to my question.
will have the cords I need ordered soon, thanks to you.

OTOH, I have a "lifetime supply" of male, panel mount IEC
style power connectors if anybody is as anal as I am and
converting their old equipment power cordage to current
standards. (Just so I don't have to deal with those old
standard cords, etc.)

Old March 19th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed

OTOH, I have a "lifetime supply" of male, panel mount IEC
style power connectors if anybody is as anal as I am and
converting their old equipment power cordage to current
standards. (Just so I don't have to deal with those old
standard cords, etc.)

I have some, too, for the aformentioned project.... but I have decided
I'd rather not hassle with the replacment in this case, even though its a
better idea.

Ed