RadioBanter

-   -   Unknown VHF Radio. Looking for information (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/90966-unknown-vhf-radio-looking-information.html)

Markus Baertschi March 20th 06 10:13 AM

Unknown VHF Radio. Looking for information

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Gary P. Fiber March 22nd 06 02:40 AM

Unknown VHF Radio. Looking for information

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:13:27 +0100, Markus Baertschi
wrote:

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Almost looks like a Kenwood 7400A with a different front panel, the
controls are similar. Kenwood did make products for other companies.

Gary K8IZ

Markus Baertschi March 24th 06 10:01 PM

wrote:

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Almost looks like a Kenwood 7400A with a different front panel, the
controls are similar. Kenwood did make products for other companies.

Gary K8IZ

Thanks for the hint, Gary but a Kenwood 7400A looks quite differently.
At least from the picture on Rigpix.

Markus

Dick March 24th 06 10:28 PM

Unknown VHF Radio. Looking for information

wrote:

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Almost looks like a Kenwood 7400A with a different front panel, the
controls are similar. Kenwood did make products for other companies.

Gary K8IZ

Thanks for the hint, Gary but a Kenwood 7400A looks quite differently.
At least from the picture on Rigpix.

Markus

Isn't there an address somewhere on a label? There are several
communication companies that begin with Alpha.

Dick

Gary P. Fiber March 25th 06 03:57 AM

wrote:

I'm looking for information about a VHF radio of the 'Alpha' brand.

I've got a picture, but no further info.
http://www.markus.org/404779521.jpg

A local HAM wants to sell it and I might be interested.

Thanks Markus HB9VCD

Almost looks like a Kenwood 7400A with a different front panel, the
controls are similar. Kenwood did make products for other companies.

Gary K8IZ

Thanks for the hint, Gary but a Kenwood 7400A looks quite differently.
At least from the picture on Rigpix.

Markus

Yes I know that but the controls are very similar. I was thinking
maybe Kenwood built it for Alpha.

Does the radio have an FCC ID number, I would not be surprised if it
did not since you are not in the US. But if it does looking at the FCC
database would give you some insight.

Gary K8IZ