Old March 24th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default WTB: Collins R-390 spray paint

WTB: Collins R-390 spray paint
Hi
Can someone tell me where I can buy Spray paint cans to match the
front panel of the Collins R-390 Reciever?
Any local stores carry a close match??
Also is it difficult to get the panel off?
And any tips on redoing the front panel would be great.
I painted kwm cabinets before, but never did a front panel.
Thanks...Rich

ps: I see the lettering is etched in, so before I paint, do I try to
etch out all the white thats etched in, so when its sprayed I then
put in new white paint?
Old March 24th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed

WTB: Collins R-390 spray paint
Hi
Can someone tell me where I can buy Spray paint cans to match the
front panel of the Collins R-390 Reciever?

If you require an exact match Collins paint, you might check out
Surplus Sales of Nebraska,

http://www.surplussales.com/index.html

... they carry a line of paints for the Collins A line, S line, and
KWM380. It is likely that if you call them to discuss the R390 they
might have a color for that in stock.

800-244-4567

On the process of restoring your R-390, you might take a look at:

http://www.collinsradio.org/

http://users2.ev1.net/~wb7dyw/

http://www.collinsra.com/

Ed K7AAT
Old March 25th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Glenn

Default Collins R-390 spray paint

wrote in message ...
WTB: Collins R-390 spray paint
Hi
Can someone tell me where I can buy Spray paint cans to match the
front panel of the Collins R-390 Reciever?
Any local stores carry a close match??
Also is it difficult to get the panel off?
And any tips on redoing the front panel would be great.
I painted kwm cabinets before, but never did a front panel.
Thanks...Rich

Check with the owner of this site: http://www.r390a.com/
This might break your heart: http://www.r390a.com/Archived%20Pages/radio_rape.html
73