RadioBanter

-   -   straight key (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/93708-straight-key.html)

Noon-Air April 30th 06 09:24 PM

straight key

Anybody know if they are still made?? Whos got them?? I am only looking for
one for a "loaner" station for new HAMs

TIA

-n6ojn

--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

Life is what happens while you were making other plans

Travis Jordan April 30th 06 11:28 PM

straight key

Noon-Air wrote:
Anybody know if they are still made?? Whos got them?? I am only
looking for one for a "loaner" station for new HAMs

In a few months (maybe sooner) the 5 WPM Morse code requirement will be
dropped for as a prerequisite for amateur radio licenses in the U.S. A
long-overdue move IMHO, and one that might rejuvinate ham radio here in
much the same way that it has done in other countries that have dropped
the code.

Ed May 1st 06 01:06 AM

straight key

Anybody know if they are still made?? Whos got them?? I am only
looking for one for a "loaner" station for new HAMs

Amateur Electronic Supply, http://www.aesham.com , has a nice
selection of keys, ranging in price from about $10.00 for a new Ameco
straight key, to more pricey high quality units.

For a beginning ham, I'd get a new cheap straight key rather than a
used overly fancy model you might find on EBay.

Good luck.

Ed K7AAT

an old friend May 1st 06 03:23 AM

straight key

Travis Jordan wrote:
Noon-Air wrote:
Anybody know if they are still made?? Whos got them?? I am only
looking for one for a "loaner" station for new HAMs

In a few months (maybe sooner) the 5 WPM Morse code requirement will be
dropped for as a prerequisite for amateur radio licenses in the U.S. A
long-overdue move IMHO, and one that might rejuvinate ham radio here in
much the same way that it has done in other countries that have dropped
the code.

indeed it may even do something to atract more hams to cw use

but the fcc keeps draging their feet