RadioBanter

-   -   Info on FNB-27 battery (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/98129-info-fnb-27-battery.html)

Wayne July 7th 06 03:38 PM

Info on FNB-27 battery

I have a Yaesu equivalent FNB-27 battery and I lost the charger. I
picked up a replacement from Radio Shack last night, but I don't know
if tip should be positive or negative, and couldn't easily take the
battery apart. It's stone-cold dead, so I can't just hook up a meter
to it. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, the charger that I got is a 500mAh charger, I just noticed that
this is a Ni-MH battery. I'm not going to have any issues, am I?

Alan Ponting July 8th 06 02:33 PM

Info on FNB-27 battery

"Wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Yaesu equivalent FNB-27 battery and I lost the charger. I
picked up a replacement from Radio Shack last night, but I don't know
if tip should be positive or negative, and couldn't easily take the
battery apart. It's stone-cold dead, so I can't just hook up a meter
to it. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, the charger that I got is a 500mAh charger, I just noticed that
this is a Ni-MH battery. I'm not going to have any issues, am I?

The tip of the charger plug should be positive.

As for whether your charger will work with NiCd or NiMh batteries, the
answer is maybe.
A quick google found me this page with some info.

http://www.greenbatteries.com/bachfa...%20differences

HTH
Alan