RadioBanter

-   -   New SkyWave almost ready to fire up... (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/103751-re-new-skywave-almost-ready-fire-up.html)

Slow Code September 8th 06 12:50 AM

New SkyWave almost ready to fire up...

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
Fired up the new SkyWave 2879ABTC with the temperature compensated
bias tonight. It worked like a million bucks. I adjusted (using the
available final-tweak resistor pads. You might see it sticking up in
the air in the picture) the AB bias current for 500mA at room
temperature. I transmitted and ran the sink up to 80 degrees C and the
bias was 530mA. I ran out of time and was unable to test it cold...
but I believe the circuit will work as the first proto. Here's a
picture of the amp on the bench in testing.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/img_0001.jpg
interesting to hear

anything on it preforomance on 10 or 12 meter Ham band?

Not as of yet... just got fired last night. Expect the performance to
be equal or better than the existing SkyWave 2879AB amp. The specs are
available at http://www.telstar-electronics.com/SkyWave%202879AB.pdf
I have much more testing to do before this product is released sometime
in late October.

You can ignore Markies request for information on how it works on the ham
bands, Markie is to Lazy to ever get HF priviledges.

SC

[email protected] September 8th 06 01:17 PM

wrote:
On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:50:26 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in
roups.com:

You can ignore Markies request for information on how it works on the ham
bands, Markie is to Lazy to ever get HF priviledges.

that is coming SC as son as the FCC does as the FCC has stated it
intends to do elimanate code testing for HF

Marky lies again!

Not Cocksucker Lloyd September 13th 06 01:25 PM

Markie, did you look up what "Third World" means?

wrote:
wo

Markie try
http://www.english-tutoring.com

Then look up what "Third World" means and see that you live in similar
living condtions with that trash and junk filled yard of yours.

an old friend September 14th 06 05:02 PM

woger try http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/­­mipsor