RadioBanter

-   -   low power transceiver kits.. (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/116709-low-power-transceiver-kits.html)

Jeff[_2_] March 17th 07 12:31 AM

low power transceiver kits..

Does anyone have any reccomendations for low power transmitter kits?
I've seen a few online and I'm thinking it might be a fun project, but
since I'm a fulltime worker I dunno how much time I have to devote to
it consistently. How much time/work do these kits require in terms of
detailed soldering, etc. I don't mind staring at schematics (I'm an
EE afterall ;-) but very fine/detailed soldering might be over my
head. Thanks for any info/hints/feedback, whatever...

an_old_friend March 17th 07 10:58 PM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 16, 8:31 pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Does anyone have any reccomendations for low power transmitter kits?
I've seen a few online and I'm thinking it might be a fun project, but
since I'm a fulltime worker I dunno how much time I have to devote to
it consistently. How much time/work do these kits require in terms of
detailed soldering, etc. I don't mind staring at schematics (I'm an
EE afterall ;-) but very fine/detailed soldering might be over my
head. Thanks for any info/hints/feedback, whatever...

most of them are cw only and very liminted ramsey and vectronics still
make such few Vooice kit but the elecraft but it is expensvie campred
to buying a a radio

Howie March 18th 07 01:06 AM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 17, 6:58 pm, "an_old_friend" wrote:
On Mar 16, 8:31 pm, "Jeff" wrote:

most of them are cw only and very liminted ramsey and vectronics still
make such few Vooice kit but the elecraft but it is expensvie campred
to buying a a radio

Small Wonder Labs is a good option. You can get a CW tranceiver kit
with 2 watts output and a superhet receiver with crystal filter for
just $55 to your door. Great customer service and a real quality kit.

Dloyd Lavies March 18th 07 02:36 AM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 16, 8:31�pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Does anyone have any reccomendations for low power transmitter kits?
I've seen a few online and I'm thinking it might be a fun project, but
since I'm a fulltime worker I dunno how much time I have to devote to
it consistently. *How much time/work do these kits require in terms of
detailed soldering, etc. *I don't mind staring at schematics (I'm an
EE afterall ;-) but very fine/detailed soldering might be over my
head. *Thanks for any info/hints/feedback, whatever...

Jeff,

In addition to Small Wonder Labs, Ten Tec also offers kits for 20, 30,
40, and 80, you didn't specify whether you were looking for a SSB or
CW kit, however, most are for CW. I've built a few of the T- kits,
and they were pretty good, documentation was adequate, the parts were
of good quality, and the parts count was accurate. You may have to do
a little prep work along the way, but I've found that is usually the
case no matter who makes the kit.

an_old_friend March 18th 07 02:54 PM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 17, 10:36 pm, "Dloyd Lavies" wrote:
On Mar 16, 8:31?pm, "Jeff" wrote:

Jeff,

In addition to Small Wonder Labs, Ten Tec also offers kits for 20, 30,
40, and 80, you didn't specify whether you were looking for a SSB or
CW kit, however, most are for CW. I've built a few of the T- kits,
and they were pretty good, documentation was adequate, the parts were
of good quality, and the parts count was accurate. You may have to do
a little prep work along the way, but I've found that is usually the
case no matter who makes the kit.

well congrats Dloyd you made on topic post. I am proud of you

Dloyd Lavies March 18th 07 08:55 PM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 16, 8:31?pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Jeff,

In addition to Small Wonder Labs, Ten Tec also offers kits for 20, 30,
40, and 80, you didn't specify whether you were looking for a SSB or
CW kit, however, most are for CW. *I've built a few of the T- kits,
and they were pretty good, documentation was adequate, the parts were
of good quality, and the parts count was accurate. You may have to do
a little prep work along the way, but I've found that is usually the
case no matter who makes the kit.

well congrats Dloyd you made on topic post. I am proud of you

Your desperate pathetic plea for attention is not granted.

Andy the Perv Timberlake March 19th 07 07:42 PM

low power transceiver kits..

On Mar 16, 8:31?pm, "Jeff" wrote:
Jeff,

In addition to Small Wonder Labs, Ten Tec also offers kits for 20, 30,
40, and 80, you didn't specify whether you were looking for a SSB or
CW kit, however, most are for CW. ?I've built a few of the T- kits,
and they were pretty good, documentation was adequate, the parts were
of good quality, and the parts count was accurate. You may have to do
a little prep work along the way, but I've found that is usually the
case no matter who makes the kit.

well congrats Dloyd you made on topic post. I am proud of you

Your desperate pathetic plea for attention is not granted.

Poor Marqueer. Bwhahahahaha!

an_old_friend March 25th 07 04:49 AM

be adivised this a areply to known theif and cyber stalker