RadioBanter

-   -   Yuri Gagarian's Callsign (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/23884-yuri-gagarians-callsign.html)

Jim Leder July 3rd 03 03:59 PM

Yuri Gagarian's Callsign

Looking through all my old QSL's, and I wondered if I ever had a QSO
with Yuri Gagarian, the first Russian Cosmonaut. Does anyone know what
his callsign was?

Guessing July 3rd 03 04:32 PM

At URL: http://users.tellurian.com/gjurrens/famous_hams.html

Sez

UA1LO Yuri Gagarin First Cosmonaut; - died in jet crash - Click here
to read a very nice note, reprinted with permission, from Yuri, YL2DX. See
also bio and entry on my Astronaut Hams page. (SK) 27-MAR-1968 (34);YL2DX

Jim Leder July 4th 03 12:04 AM

Thanks for the answer, and thanks for the link to a very interesting
web site!