RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood TS-2000 keying problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/23975-kenwood-ts-2000-keying-problem.html)

Jon Dahl July 17th 03 02:43 PM

Kenwood TS-2000 keying problem

TS-2000 keying problem
Rig was OK but after moving to other QTH next day, I was not able to use the
hand key (not automatic one).
VOX is on but not possible to send in CW-mode.
Measure about +4,5Volt on the key "hot" wire in key up position.
Anyone had this problem before?
73
Jon/LA8WF

Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL July 17th 03 05:26 PM

"Jon Dahl" wrote in
:

TS-2000 keying problem
Rig was OK but after moving to other QTH next day, I was not able to
use the hand key (not automatic one).
VOX is on but not possible to send in CW-mode.
Measure about +4,5Volt on the key "hot" wire in key up position.
Anyone had this problem before?
73
Jon/LA8WF

Try moving back to your old QTH.

Jon Dahl July 18th 03 06:38 PM

Hi Vince,
Yes that helped a bit. I had to to a half reset then it was OK again.
Good to know! Shold not have pluged in the key while tranceiver was ON:
73
Jon
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL skrev i
. ..