RadioBanter

-   -   Need recommendation for 24-hour clock (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24157-need-recommendation-24-hour-clock.html)

Art Harris August 18th 03 07:14 PM

Need recommendation for 24-hour clock

My Radio Shack digital clock has died after only 25 years of use, and
I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. Set to UTC, it was
a great clock shack clock for logging, etc.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive 24-hour digital clock that runs off
115V?

Thanks,
Art Harris N2AH

funkbastler August 19th 03 12:45 AM

On 18 Aug 2003 11:14:19 -0700, (Art Harris) wrote:

My Radio Shack digital clock has died after only 25 years of use, and
I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. Set to UTC, it was
a great clock shack clock for logging, etc.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive 24-hour digital clock that runs off
115V?

My Radio Shack clock is only about 20 years old, and still running.

I'd suggest searching google for '24 hour digital clock' - it turns
up some interesting possibilities, including some kits.

-fb-

Jim Haynes August 19th 03 05:39 PM

In article ,
Dave Bushong wrote:
My solution is a $19 wall clock that uses one C-battery per year, and is
sync'd to WWVH in Colorado. It has BIG digits for old farts like me
(about 2" tall) plus it shows the temperature and day/date. I got mine
at Sam's club.

I have one of those too. When I wanted another one they didn't have any
more. You have to be careful in shopping for $20 WWVH clocks. Some of them
can only be set to one of the U.S. time zones. Others can be set to UTC.
The last one I bought came from Radio Shack, and was more like $40.
--

jhaynes at alumni dot uark dot edu

J Tabor August 19th 03 11:27 PM

Hi,

These of course don't fit your spec. However perhaps you may wish to broaden
your options. G

http://www.taborsoft.com/softstuff/idwiz/

http://www.taborsoft.com/softstuff/ktscss.shtml

Regards,
Jim
--
email sent to:
is discarded without being seen.

Steve Silverwood September 20th 03 08:49 PM

In article ,
says...
My Radio Shack digital clock has died after only 25 years of use, and
I'm having trouble finding a suitable replacement. Set to UTC, it was
a great clock shack clock for logging, etc.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive 24-hour digital clock that runs off
115V?

I'm happy with the little MFJ clock I have. Has two little LCD clocks,
run off internal watch-type batteries. I get a couple of years' use out
of the batteries, and I can take it afield when I have a mind to. One
clock is for local time, the other is for UTC. They also have a single
UTC-only version. No WWV sync though but I think that's not that
critical an issue.

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Web:
http://home.earthlink.net/~kb6ojs_steve

Art Harris September 22nd 03 08:54 PM

Steve Silverwood wrote:
I'm happy with the little MFJ clock I have. Has two little LCD clocks,
run off internal watch-type batteries. I get a couple of years' use out
of the batteries, and I can take it afield when I have a mind to. One
clock is for local time, the other is for UTC. They also have a single
UTC-only version. No WWV sync though but I think that's not that
critical an issue.

Thanks to all who responded. Luckily, I got an exact replacement for
my Radio Shack clock from a friend who had a brand new one squirreled
away!

Still, after searching high and low, I'm amazed that there's nothing
similar available (115 VAC, etc.). The MFJ clocks looked ok. But kind
of pricey, and battery powered clocks tend to drift more than one
running off 60 Hz AC.

Art Harris