RadioBanter

-   -   How to access kenwood TS-570D secundary menu ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24695-how-access-kenwood-ts-570d-secundary-menu.html)

Thierry October 13th 03 04:15 PM

How to access kenwood TS-570D secundary menu ?

Hi,

Kenwood provides a manual with its TS-570D series explaining how to access
the standard menu but as usual, they don't mention that there is another
menu, a secundary one that each of us can set according his needs... One
more undocumented feature to Kenwood !

Does someone know how to access this secundary menu ?
If you prefer you can send me a private email.

Thanks in advance.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

Thierry October 13th 03 06:22 PM

"Pun Krocker" wrote in message
In article , says...
Hi,

Kenwood provides a manual with its TS-570D series explaining how to

access
the standard menu but as usual, they don't mention that there is another
menu, a secundary one that each of us can set according his needs... One
more undocumented feature to Kenwood !

Does someone know how to access this secundary menu ?
If you prefer you can send me a private email.

Thanks in advance.

Thierry
ON4SKY, LX3SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

If you mean the second user menu, then press menu and then A/B to
select. If you meant the service menu, you have to make a shorting plug
for the ACC2 socket. Short pins 8 & 9 together. Insert the plug
into the socket, then while holding the "N.R." and "LSB/USB" buttons,
press "POWER". After the "HELLO" message, you will see the
word "ADJUST" on the display.

Hi,

Are you speaking about the menu aligning the radio and that requires test
equipment to set several of the parameters ?
Does it includes the setting of SSB power and related ?

Thierry

--
d[º:º]b PK

interviewing people who can't talk
for people who can't read."

Max October 20th 03 07:50 PM

"Pun Krocker" wrote in message
In article , says...
Hi,

Are you speaking about the menu aligning the radio and that requires

test
equipment to set several of the parameters ?
Does it includes the setting of SSB power and related ?

Thierry

Yes that is the one with that needs the shorting plug in ACC2 (Service
Menu).

Press and hold the N.R. + USB/LSB buttons while turning the rig on. The
display will show the word "ADJUST" and then go into the service menu. Make
sure you write the settings down before making any changes. This menu
allows you to adjust individual band output, s-meter calibration, squelch,
ALC and so on. You know, all the things that should be left alone. That is
why is is called the SERVICE MENU. However if your output power is low, you
can fix it here. On a tone my 570SG will put out 110W. I wouldn't go much
higher and it won't make a difference on the other end anyway. Also you can
adjust the carrier points for USB and LSB. Handy if you run a wider
bandwidth with a good mic and EQ setup. With the stock filter replaced I
can get about 3.5 KHz wide or 2.4 with the stock filter.

Max