RadioBanter

-   -   Electrolytic caps question (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24718-electrolytic-caps-question.html)

Mark October 16th 03 12:37 AM

Electrolytic caps question

I have obtained some surplus linear regulated power supplies. The
date code for the electrolytic caps in the filter section are late
1993. I've not powered these
supplies up. I know that these caps have a limited life. These caps
are also
harder to come by due to the proliferation of switch mode power
supplies and
their lower values. Any ideas/suggestions to minimize stress to these
caps
or even rejuvinate, if possible, these caps. I'm aware of inrush
current at
supply turn on and I plan to minimize that. Any other ideas or
suggestions???