RadioBanter

-   -   Power supplies and my ICOM Radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24749-power-supplies-my-icom-radio.html)

Bohack October 18th 03 04:51 PM

Power supplies and my ICOM Radio?

Dear friends,

Recently I purchased an ICOM IC-706MKIIG transceiver. Right now it
is mounted in my vehicle and is mobile. However with winter
approaching i would like to bring it inside so i can listen to DX
stations. I have now power supply for it, however i have 2Amp variable
power supply on my bench. Do you think that would be enough power just
for RX? I do realize if i transmit with it i will blow the fuse in the
power supply.

Someone also recommended using a car battery charger. However i
think if it comes to that, i should just purchase a power supply made
for the job. Wanted to know you comments...

Thanx,

Jon B. KB3KGS