RadioBanter

-   -   Where did the name "Rubber Duck" come from (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/24777-re-where-did-name-%22rubber-duck%22-come.html)

Dr. Anton Squeegee October 22nd 03 07:12 PM

Where did the name "Rubber Duck" come from

In article ,
says...

Need some help...

I am attended a wireless internet class this week. The teacher wondered
where the name rubber duck came from.

I don't quite know where the term originated, but I can tell you
what it refers to. It's a slang term for the helical, rubber-covered,
flexible antennas used on many VHF and UHF portable radios.

73 de KC7GR

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)