RadioBanter

-   -   DTMF programming Kenwood TM-741 on cross-band repeat? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/25596-dtmf-programming-kenwood-tm-741-cross-band-repeat.html)

tirebouchon69 February 21st 04 03:54 PM

DTMF programming Kenwood TM-741 on cross-band repeat?

DTMF programming Kenwood TM-741 on cross-band repeat?

Hi fellow hams,
Is it possible to control the Kenwood TM-741 remotely via DTMF when
operating in cross-band repeat mode ?

The DTU-2 DTMF decoder unit is installed in my TM-741 rig. When it operates
in cross-band repeat mode, I access it with my VHF handheld, and I would
like to change the UHF frequency remotely via touch-tone (DTMF). This way I
could be able to access to any UHF frequency remotely (from VHF), without
touching or accessing the TM-741 radio.

Is there a procedure for this ? Could it be DTMF-controlled from the "other
side" (from UHF in my example) as well, I mean changing remotely via DTMF
any band via the other one?

Thank you in advance. 73-88rs

Daniel VE2BAP, Montreal, Canada

D. Stussy February 22nd 04 08:45 AM

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, tirebouchon69 wrote:
DTMF programming Kenwood TM-741 on cross-band repeat?

No. This is one of the differences between the 741/641/941 and the 742/642.