RadioBanter

-   -   Help identifying frequency of French space surveillance system (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/25629-help-identifying-frequency-french-space-surveillance-system.html)

Allen Thomson March 4th 04 04:20 PM

Help identifying frequency of French space surveillance system

I'm trying to identify the frequency of a new(ish) French space
surveillance radar. It may be in the 100 - 400 MHz range, but that's
uncertain.

See http://www.onera.fr/onera-dlr/graves.html for a brief description
of the system. The transmitter is located east of Dijon, at
47d 20' 53'' N, 5d 30' 55'' E and was tested in October 1998, when
an aircraft warning area was announced:
http://www.adminet.com/jo/19981206/EQUA9801422A.html

Does anyone here know if there's European/French frequency allocation
information around that might help pin down the frequency of this
radar?

TIA

William March 4th 04 11:40 PM

(Allen Thomson) wrote in message . com...
I'm trying to identify the frequency of a new(ish) French space
surveillance radar. It may be in the 100 - 400 MHz range, but that's
uncertain.

See
http://www.onera.fr/onera-dlr/graves.html for a brief description
of the system. The transmitter is located east of Dijon, at
47d 20' 53'' N, 5d 30' 55'' E and was tested in October 1998, when
an aircraft warning area was announced:
http://www.adminet.com/jo/19981206/EQUA9801422A.html

Does anyone here know if there's European/French frequency allocation
information around that might help pin down the frequency of this
radar?

TIA

Dave/K8MN has a knack for finding the French where you would least expect them.

Check with him.

bb

Dave Bushong March 5th 04 12:10 AM

Allen Thomson wrote:
I'm trying to identify the frequency of a new(ish) French space
surveillance radar. It may be in the 100 - 400 MHz range, but that's
uncertain.

See http://www.onera.fr/onera-dlr/graves.html for a brief description
of the system. The transmitter is located east of Dijon, at
47d 20' 53'' N, 5d 30' 55'' E and was tested in October 1998, when
an aircraft warning area was announced:
http://www.adminet.com/jo/19981206/EQUA9801422A.html

Does anyone here know if there's European/French frequency allocation
information around that might help pin down the frequency of this
radar?

TIA

Hi Allen,

Regarding the radar, did you try posting to a newsgroup that has
anything to do with your subject question? I mean, is this surveillance
radar an amateur radio issue in any sense?

All the best, and 73,
Dave
KZ1O

p.s. I'm only trying to help.

--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

RNWENK29CD 04/01/2004

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)

Dave Bushong March 5th 04 11:00 PM

Blue Screener wrote:
"Dave Bushong" wrote in message

Hi Allen,

Regarding the radar, did you try posting to a newsgroup that has
anything to do with your subject question? I mean, is this surveillance
radar an amateur radio issue in any sense?

All the best, and 73,
Dave
KZ1O

p.s. I'm only trying to help.

Hi Dave,

Regarding your suggestion, human beings post in this newsgroup.
Why don't you take your suggestion and go post it to a
Butt **** group, where you'll feel more at home. Oh, almost
forgot. Go **** Yourself.

All the best, and 73,

Harvey Wallbanger