RadioBanter

-   -   FT-726 poor reception (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/25911-ft-726-poor-reception.html)

Mike Lynn May 31st 04 01:48 PM

FT-726 poor reception

can anyone assist...

i picked up a FT-726R, untested and with no warrenty recently and it
has 144 and 50mhx modules ....

my questions are ..

1, the receive on 144 is very poor, i can only just hear the local
repeater, i have tested with my handheld and i can receive at 59 plus
when transmitting next to the radio but the gain is very bad ... any
ideas.. i did see in a earlier posting that maybe the BF981 might need
replacing ... an i correct or can anyone help.

2, the 50mhz module has no cables .. Grrr :-(, can these be made up,
do the have to be shielded?

3, I disconected the 144 and wired up the 50mhz module in it's place
and i got a E on the display ... can the 50mhz module be run on it's
own ?

appreciate any help with this, and any more that i find on the way to
repairing this radio.

thanks for reading

Mike

J999w June 1st 04 02:46 PM

I can't answer your questions directly, but check here for the owner's AND
service manual (PDF) !

http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ListManuals=yaesu

Next, subscribe to the W6YX VHF email list and ask again there. I guarantee
someone can help you there.

jw
K9RZZ

Mike Lynn June 17th 04 11:32 PM

Well it looks like i may have found some of the problem, after
tracking down some of the voltages listed in the tech manual, i seem
to have 2 x µPC1037H failed on the RX board, Q10 and Q11 since they
are giving out no readings at all. ( DEAD )

now does anyone know where i can get hold of 2 x µPC1037H or there
equivlents

thanks all

Mike Lynn

Mike Lynn June 18th 04 11:42 PM

ignore that last mention about the 1037h being faulty, It was me
testing on Fm and these are powered up when on USB....... dohhhhhhh

Mike