RadioBanter

-   -   Radio was wierd yesterday... (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26018-radio-wierd-yesterday.html)

Mike Yetsko July 7th 04 12:00 PM

Radio was wierd yesterday...

What was going on yesterday with radio? Sunspots? Something else weird
with the earth's magnetic field? The alignment of Mars?

I didn't get on ham, but I heard 6M and 2M went nuts.

And my daughter picked me up about 5:15 and the car FM radio was dead
until after 6PM. At first I thought my radio was broken and I'd have to get
it fixed, but then a friend called me on the cell to shoot the breeze on his
commute because his FM was out too.

By 7PM it seemed fine.

Mike

J999w July 7th 04 02:08 PM

E skip in a major way. One of the biggest openings in years across the eastern
US. Far away stations logged up to channel 10 !

jw
K9RZZ
Milwaukee