RadioBanter

-   -   Icom 706 MK-II won't power up (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26292-icom-706-mk-ii-wont-power-up.html)

chafik CN8JV October 27th 04 01:57 PM

Icom 706 MK-II won't power up

My problem is that I have an Icom 706 MK-II, that won't power up.
When I push the power button I can hear a relay click in the radio,
and a thump in the speaker but that is it. I've checked the fuses
internal and external all are ok. Does anyone have any suggestions
as to a fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and 73's
CN8JV Chafik

chafik CN8JV October 30th 04 02:07 PM

(chafik CN8JV) wrote in message . com...
My problem is that I have an Icom 706 MK-II, that won't power up.
When I push the power button I can hear a relay click in the radio,
and a thump in the speaker but that is it. I've checked the fuses
internal and external all are ok. Does anyone have any suggestions
as to a fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and 73's
CN8JV Chafik

I think I have connected the 8V ouput from TRX
to the Ground from PC sound card!!!
Any idea please?
what compounents should I replace?
Thanks

chafik CN8JV November 1st 04 02:49 PM

(chafik CN8JV) wrote in message . com...
(chafik CN8JV) wrote in message . com...
My problem is that I have an Icom 706 MK-II, that won't power up.
When I push the power button I can hear a relay click in the radio,
and a thump in the speaker but that is it. I've checked the fuses
internal and external all are ok. Does anyone have any suggestions
as to a fix this problem?

Thanks in advance and 73's
CN8JV Chafik

I think I have connected the 8V ouput from TRX
to the Ground from PC sound card!!!
Any idea please?
what compounents should I replace?
Thanks

I have fixed the problem!!
The Q45 was burned out.
But when I was trying to put a new one,
I was putting it the wrong way!!!
So to All the owners of IC-706MKII:
If you short the pin1 to ground,
replace the big transistor Q45 located
at the PLL unit. and hop !!the TRX will power up
Thanks to everyone who did his best to help me
CN8JV
Chafik