RadioBanter

-   -   Navy key maintenance question. (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26358-navy-key-maintenance-question.html)

November 17th 04 03:32 AM

Navy key maintenance question.

I have a US Navy straight key (CTE-26003A) which is enclosed in
a fire proof housing.

Is there some trick to taking it apart for a look-see at its innards,
and possible routine maintenance?

I didn't want to force some screws . . .

I don't like the present way it adjusts the gap - it goes from
extreme narrow to very wide in what I think needs some readjusting
internally, to say nothing of a little fine parts oil.

Anyone knowing about this model - your advice would be appreciated.

Bill, KC0IZI

www.nyx.net/~wboas