RadioBanter

-   -   coax seal needed? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/26442-coax-seal-needed.html)

[email protected] December 7th 04 08:18 PM

coax seal needed?

I just installed a dipole antenna using Belden coax 9913-F with pl-259
to so-234(?) connectors. I read online the mention of coax seal to
keep water out. Is this necessary? Is there a common substance around
the house that may work? Thank you.

Serious Poster December 7th 04 09:07 PM

I use coax seal --- URL;
http://www.radioworks.com/ccoaxseal.html

--
I post, therefore I am

ups.com...

Leon December 8th 04 01:43 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just installed a dipole antenna using Belden coax 9913-F with pl-259
to so-234(?) connectors. I read online the mention of coax seal to
keep water out. Is this necessary? Is there a common substance around
the house that may work? Thank you.

Seal it with GE RTV Window and Door seal.
It's in a blue caulking-style tube at any Home
Depot for about $3.95. Be sure to use the
CLEAR formula. Do not use the black, grey
or white stuff as the pigments (colors) they used
to shade the RTV in this version is RF-conductive.
Dab it around where the coax goes into the PL-259
and at the juncture of the ring and collar. Also apply
it when it's not going to rain for 24 hours as it takes
that long to dry thru.