RadioBanter

-   -   SK ??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/73899-sk.html)

A.E. 352 July 3rd 05 03:41 AM

SK ???

If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key? I'm thinking maybe a Silent Mic (SM), or
maybe even a Silent Echolink Operator (SEO). Or maybe even a Silent
Earth-Moon-Earth (SEME) operator. How about a
Silent-No-Code-Tech-With-Privleges-Above-30megs. (SNCTWPA30M).

Brenda Ann July 3rd 05 04:25 AM

"A.E. 352" wrote in message
If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key?

I would say yes, since no matter what mode someone uses, or what their
priveleges, they are 'keying' something, whether a bug, iambic, straight
key, microphone or other device..

an_old_friend July 3rd 05 05:25 AM

A.E. 352 wrote:
If a ham dies, and he's never learned the code and doesn't do CW, is he
still considered a Silent Key? I'm thinking maybe a Silent Mic (SM), or
maybe even a Silent Echolink Operator (SEO). Or maybe even a Silent
Earth-Moon-Earth (SEME) operator. How about a
Silent-No-Code-Tech-With-Privleges-Above-30megs. (SNCTWPA30M).

I certainly hope no one insults me by labeling me a SK after my death (
an event I do not forsee anytime soon

sparkey July 3rd 05 04:04 PM

Interesting? You must be bored! Or not a ham!

I suggest you take your smart comments and go elsewhere!

I've been a ham for over 27 yrs now, and comments like
you will get any respect from me!

By the way whats your call?

an_old_friend July 3rd 05 09:02 PM

sparkey wrote:
Interesting? You must be bored! Or not a ham!

I suggest you take your smart comments and go elsewhere!

which coment are you adressing

I've been a ham for over 27 yrs now, and comments like
you will get any respect from me!

By the way whats your call?

gee what is your call. you should be putting that out yourself before
taking anyone else to task

given the stalkers I for one do not put my call on usenet, others
(thanks to stalkers put it out there) but i don't

an_old_friend July 3rd 05 09:15 PM

Indeed I guess I have returned to Usenet, a death threat for disresting
Morse Code use, in my inbox

Bill Turner July 3rd 05 09:27 PM

an_old_friend wrote:

given the stalkers I for one do not put my call on usenet

No call = no legitimacy.

--
Bill, W6WRT

Dr.Ace - WH2T July 4th 05 12:06 AM

No Call = Opinions don't count.
BTW , I wonder why so many none licensed people (CBer's) post messages in
this amateur radio group.
Ace - WH2T