RadioBanter

-   -   Eliminating Jeep TJ RF Noise? (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/76750-eliminating-jeep-tj-rf-noise.html)

[email protected] August 21st 05 01:50 AM

Eliminating Jeep TJ RF Noise?

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had sucess eliminating Jeep TJ RF noise? Specifically, year
2000 or later? I grounded the tail pipe to the frame, installed .1uF
bypass caps on the fuel pump lead (to ground) and am still experiencing
noise on 2m/70cm. The bypass cap helped eliminate some noise, but I'm
still experiencing noise poportional to engine RPM.

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

[email protected] August 21st 05 02:24 AM

Is it ignition noise or alternator noise?

Have you already put bypass capacitors on both potential sources?
Supression at the source is generally far more effective than random
fixes elsewhere.

Harry C.

mikes August 21st 05 01:32 PM

If your vehicle has one, check you HV coil terminal. It can fail due to
corrosion and arcing to produce the same symptoms.

Mike KI8KF

ups.com...