RadioBanter

-   -   Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other. (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/94265-re-elimination-cw-loss-number-ways-we-can-communicate-other.html)

Jack Hamilton May 11th 06 04:36 AM

Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other.

Radio Buff wrote:

As ham radio test standards have lowered over the years, I've noted a
marked increase in the amount of obscenity, profanity, and indecency.

I haven't noticed any of that on VHF/UHF locally (Sacramento).

On the newsgroups. most of the bad behavior seems to come from people
who have passed the code test.

Jack Hamilton

-----
Though in a state of society some must have greater
luxuries and comforts than others, yet all should have
the necessities of life; and if the poor cannot exist,
in vain may the rich look for happiness or prosperity.
The legistlature is never so well employed as when they
look to the interests of those who are at a distance
from them in the ranks of society. It is their duty
to do so; religion calls for it; humanity calls for it;
and if there are hearts who are not awake to either of
those feelings, their own interests would dictate it.

Sir Lloyd Kenyon, Rex vs. Rusby, 1800