RadioBanter

-   -   Dayton HamFest killed by hams themselve (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/95020-re-dayton-hamfest-killed-hams-themselve.html)

[email protected] May 22nd 06 05:49 PM

Dayton HamFest killed by hams themselve

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Hambone the Porkbutter wrote:

Do the $$$ homework boys - you guys that run these ham events
are screwin yerselves faster than Barbaro broke his leg last week.

So, you're saying that the price hasn't changed that much since I left
Ohio in the late '80s? Do you think that they get Hara Arena for free,
or all the cops and bus service for park and ride?

I think many think they do or more precisely that the Ham have already
paid the nation for those services by our "public service"

Michael A. Terrell May 22nd 06 06:14 PM

" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Hambone the Porkbutter wrote:

Do the $$$ homework boys - you guys that run these ham events
are screwin yerselves faster than Barbaro broke his leg last week.

So, you're saying that the price hasn't changed that much since I left
Ohio in the late '80s? Do you think that they get Hara Arena for free,
or all the cops and bus service for park and ride?

I think many think they do or more precisely that the Ham have already
paid the nation for those services by our "public service"

I was curious about the way it was run so I talked to the group that
organized the event every year. You wouldn't believe the crap they have
to wade through to run a hamfest that size, even though the money raised
is used to provide emergency communications for the area.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!