RadioBanter

-   -   I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains. (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/96093-i-bought-large-capacitance-hat-my-vertical-but-antenna-still-gets-wet-when-rains.html)

New Ham June 7th 06 09:26 PM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

Did I get ripped off?

John S. June 7th 06 10:10 PM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

New Ham wrote:
Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Brian Hill June 7th 06 10:22 PM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:
Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

Jim - NN7K June 8th 06 12:31 AM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

Reminds me of the time (many years ago), when the
new kid on the gang was ordered to "Wash the
Dishes" (microwave ), on a 150 foot tower ! Kid
decided it was time to quit! Had to
tell him it was a JOKE, or get the WHOLE Gang
in hot water !!! Jim NN7K

Brian Hill wrote:
"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

Dave Oldridge June 8th 06 12:42 AM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

Jim - NN7K wrote in news:blJhg.19147
:

Reminds me of the time (many years ago), when the
new kid on the gang was ordered to "Wash the
Dishes" (microwave ), on a 150 foot tower ! Kid
decided it was time to quit! Had to
tell him it was a JOKE, or get the WHOLE Gang
in hot water !!! Jim NN7K

Yeah. When I was in the RCAF many years ago, a common thing was to ask a
newbie to go to the tool crib for a bucket of propwash.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

John S. June 8th 06 12:56 AM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

Or looking for a left-handed crescent wrench and fetching a bucket of
prop wash.

Jim - NN7K wrote:
Reminds me of the time (many years ago), when the
new kid on the gang was ordered to "Wash the
Dishes" (microwave ), on a 150 foot tower ! Kid
decided it was time to quit! Had to
tell him it was a JOKE, or get the WHOLE Gang
in hot water !!! Jim NN7K

Brian Hill wrote:
"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

jawod June 8th 06 12:57 AM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antennastill gets wet when it rains.

John S. wrote:
New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

Try a Dunce Cap (low capacitance) attached to your screwdriver and
manually adjust until your dip meter reads moron :)

David G. Nagel June 8th 06 01:21 AM

John S. wrote:
Or looking for a left-handed crescent wrench and fetching a bucket of
prop wash.

The problem with this joke is that the wrench exhists. Handedness in a
wrench is determined by which thumb closes the jaws. Right thumb right
hand wrench, left thumb left handed wrench.

I have a left handed crescent type wrench. Where was it made?
POLAND of course.

Wrench available for inspection.

Dave WD9BDZ

Jim - NN7K wrote:

Reminds me of the time (many years ago), when the
new kid on the gang was ordered to "Wash the
Dishes" (microwave ), on a 150 foot tower ! Kid
decided it was time to quit! Had to
tell him it was a JOKE, or get the WHOLE Gang
in hot water !!! Jim NN7K

Brian Hill wrote:

"John S." wrote in message
egroups.com...

New Ham wrote:

Did I get ripped off?

You might try a Stetson.

four or five X beaver John?

BH

Brian Denley June 8th 06 03:22 AM

David G. Nagel wrote:
John S. wrote:
Or looking for a left-handed crescent wrench and fetching a bucket of
prop wash.

The problem with this joke is that the wrench exhists. Handedness in a
wrench is determined by which thumb closes the jaws. Right thumb right
hand wrench, left thumb left handed wrench.

I have a left handed crescent type wrench. Where was it made?
POLAND of course.

Wrench available for inspection.

Dave WD9BDZ

At 23, I took a job as a young engineer at a place that had previously been
a gyroscope manufacturer. As the new guy, they asked my to deliver a
briefcase to the boss' office and (you guessed it) there was a spinning gryo
in the briefcase. I got a big surprise when I tried to turn a corner in the
corrider and the briefcase kept going straight ahead! A great 'new guy'
trick.
--
Brian Denley

[email protected] June 8th 06 03:52 AM

I bought a large capacitance hat for my vertical, but the antenna still gets wet when it rains.

I worked in a shoe store as a teenager.

The newbies were instructed to get the wall-stretcher from the backroom
when there were too many shoes to put up.