RadioBanter

-   -   900MHz Cable Feeds (https://www.radiobanter.com/general/96768-re-900mhz-cable-feeds.html)

[email protected] June 18th 06 03:20 PM

900MHz Cable Feeds

Joe G (Home) wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 900MHz radio system and I want extend 50ohm coax cable from 3m to
20metres.
(well.... I mean - replace the 3m with a complete 20metre section with
proper termination coax connectors etc)

What losses and reflections should I watch out for?

The obvious question is: how much loss can you *stand* in this
application?
(X-posted to more appropriate groups)

gravity June 18th 06 04:00 PM

900MHz Cable Feeds

wrote in message
oups.com...

Joe G (Home) wrote:
Hi All,

I have a 900MHz radio system and I want extend 50ohm coax cable from 3m

20metres.
(well.... I mean - replace the 3m with a complete 20metre section with
proper termination coax connectors etc)

What losses and reflections should I watch out for?

The obvious question is: how much loss can you *stand* in this
application?
(X-posted to more appropriate groups)

hardline might work. quite expensive.

i'm not sure what the losses from the connectors would be in a hardline
system.

Gravity