RadioBanter

-   -   QST June 2006 (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/102522-qst-june-2006-a.html)

Rob August 26th 06 12:41 PM

QST June 2006

Would anyone have a copy of QST June 2006 that they could scan the
article about building a homebrew 600 watt amplifier on page 39 or
possibly know of a link where I could download it? Thanks, Rob WB8VWI

jack August 26th 06 02:13 PM

QST June 2006

Try the Cleveland Public Library.

. ..

[email protected] August 26th 06 08:20 PM

QST June 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:41:36 GMT, Rob wrote:

Would anyone have a copy of QST June 2006 that they could scan the
article about building a homebrew 600 watt amplifier on page 39 or
possibly know of a link where I could download it? Thanks, Rob WB8VWI

the design is a motorola published design. Communications Concepts
also sells parts to make it and has the schematic on their site.

Allison

g. beat August 27th 06 02:07 AM

QST June 2006

"Rob" wrote in message
. ..
Would anyone have a copy of QST June 2006 that they could scan the article
about building a homebrew 600 watt amplifier on page 39 or possibly know
of a link where I could download it?

Thanks, Rob WB8VWI

Rob,

IF you desire to build a solid-state RF amplifier -- it will be for
education / build desire -- rather an economics (in other words -- a used
Ameritron/MFJ ALS-600 (with 4 MOSFETs) is often much cheaper.

It is advisable at 500/600 watt and greater -- that 24/28 VDC or 48/50 VDC
RF transistors be used -- lighter gauge wire - less amperage from power
supplies.

Next read all that you can about Helge Granberg, K7ES(sk) -- Finland's
version of Art Collins
who wrote most of the Application Notes for Motorola that all other
designers have used as the baseline for their designs.
http://www.communication-concepts.co...tion_notes.htm

Amplifier Home building
G3TSO (an award winner)
http://www.qsl.net/g3tso/HFLinearFrameSet1.html

Communication Concepts (supplier of boards referenced in the June 2006 QST
article)
http://www.communication-concepts.com/

Tom Snowden's 600 watt version -- using the MRF150 RF transistors
http://www.k0gkd.com/ssamp.html

Pieter Ibelings, N4IP
BROADBAND, SOLID STATE AMPLIFIER FOR HF AND 6 METERS
http://www.ibelings.com/n4ip/mrf157.html

Joel F. Paladino, N6AMG(sk) also had articles on MOSFET design featured in
QST and QEX in 1980s (consult back issues)

UK design using new power-MOSFETs
http://www.picks.force9.co.uk/throb.htm

w9gb

g. beat August 27th 06 02:16 AM

QST June 2006

"Rob" wrote in message
. ..
Would anyone have a copy of QST June 2006 that they could scan the article
about building a homebrew 600 watt amplifier on page 39 or possibly know
of a link where I could download it? Thanks, Rob WB8VWI

Rob -

June 2006 QST, page 39
Homebrew Solid-state 600 W HF Amplifier
Tom Sowden, K0GKD
A low-voltage amp based on one of K7ES' (Helge Granberg -sk) classic
application notes .

The link to Tom's web site (below) --
will provide not only the article contents but MUCH more than in the QST
article !
http://www.k0gkd.com/ssamp.html

Rob August 27th 06 02:39 AM

QST June 2006

g. beat @ wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
. ..
Would anyone have a copy of QST June 2006 that they could scan the article
about building a homebrew 600 watt amplifier on page 39 or possibly know
of a link where I could download it? Thanks, Rob WB8VWI

Rob -

June 2006 QST, page 39
Homebrew Solid-state 600 W HF Amplifier
Tom Sowden, K0GKD
A low-voltage amp based on one of K7ES' (Helge Granberg -sk) classic
application notes .

The link to Tom's web site (below) --
will provide not only the article contents but MUCH more than in the QST
article !
http://www.k0gkd.com/ssamp.html

Thank you for all of the info!! Rob