RadioBanter

-   -   Bluetooth Headset w/Ham HT - is it possible? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/104991-re-bluetooth-headset-w-ham-ht-possible.html)

Dan Andersson September 20th 06 10:25 PM

Bluetooth Headset w/Ham HT - is it possible?

Jim wrote:

Anyone know if there is any articles on adapting a BLUETOOTH headset
as used with cellphones for use with an Amateur HT? It would be nice
to adapt one of the motorcycle Bluetooth helmet headsets to work with
an amateur HT while cycling. I'm sure it's been done before, and if
anyone knows of a source of info it would be appreciated.

THanks,

Jim

You can buy a cheap BT adapter for a couple of Dollars. You also need to add
a simple VOX to be really happy. However!!! I do recommend you getting
one of these throat/vibration mic headsets with a thing plastic tupe as
earpiece. Replace the original BT mic+earpiece and you have a solution that
actually works.
BT headsets are notoriously bad as they pick up to much noise. A throat mic
is just so much better. Also, these throatmic headsrets comes with a neat
ptt on a vcable. Vox just doesmn't work properly on a bike unless you have
it low sensitivity and really shout at it for tx...

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI