Old November 6th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joe Joe is offline

Default Tektronix 2215A

Hello all
I am looking for a schematic on the above oscilloscope. The thing blows the
fuse at switch on. Any advice would also be appreciated. I know there are
many of these old units out there
Thanks in advance
Joe
vk3bki

Old November 7th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

this is one TEK product which deserves the "heave - ho" (well, there are
others like the audio sweep generator which they had outsourced) -- the CRT
mesh is flimsy and deforms easily -- and the only correction is a new CRT.

Old November 7th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

I have a 2235A that I bought new in 1991 that is quite good. No problems.
Dual beam, analog, 100 MHz.

Bill W0IYH

My shop scope is a Tek 2236, and I have the service manual for it that I
could scan portions of if helpful. I suspect there are close similarities.
However, for a few bucks, you can obtain the exact manual on a CD at:

http://www.pdf-manuals.com/

W4ZCB

Old November 14th 06, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Joe schrieb:

Hello all
I am looking for a schematic on the above oscilloscope. The thing blows the
fuse at switch on. Any advice would also be appreciated. I know there are
many of these old units out there
Thanks in advance
Joe
vk3bki

Pwr supply is similar in all: Tektronix 2213/2215/2213A. bama.sbc.edu
as a starting point for free download.

check postings of Jim Yanik and others in sci.electronics.* for this
type of fault.

This type of Tektronix scope has an SMPS with a primary pre-req
circuit. Faults, repair hints and corrections are often described in
e.g. sci.electronics.repair and similar.

Most often: TL597 IC blown, FET blown, fast recorvery diode blown.

hth,
Andreas

Old November 17th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks to all who replied to my query. I have found it is the FET which is
faulty, have a number of spares available. Haven't been able to get to it
yet, my young brother has been visiting, but will start on it this weekend.
Joe

"Andreas Tekman" wrote in message
ps.com...

Joe schrieb:

[...]

Test Equipment Service Manuals available Norm VE3CZI Swap 0 August 16th 06 02:46 AM
Wanted: Old Tektronix Equipment Chris Singleton Boatanchors 1 June 16th 04 06:43 AM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private CB 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM
Tektronix SUCKS!!!!! private Swap 0 November 11th 03 04:48 AM