Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 29th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Junior Member

Default Two QRP questions, one easy, the other, tricky...

1. Ok, easy question first. Someone has given me a PCB for a QRP
transmitter called "little joe" and the PCB has 9-81 QST. I have
searched on the web but I cannot find the component layout, and,
ideally, a copy of the original article.

2. I have been playing around with a simple transmitter project called
the Michigan Mighty Mite ( http://cs.okanagan.bc.ca/ve7ouc/eng/kc6wdk-
mirror/transmitter.html ) which uses any one of a number of small
signal NPN transistors. As I found a large number of metal cased NPN
power transistors, I was wondering if I can drop one of these as a
direct substitute for say, a 2n2222, or an old BFY51 etc etc. I have,
for example, found a RCA 2n6282 Darlington Pair in my junk box. This
is a VERY meaty little beast. The datasheet for this tranny can be
seen he- http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/2/N/
6/2/2N6282.shtml

Any suggestions?

Stephen Walters