RadioBanter

-   -   Wanted: Airdux Coil Stock (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/114587-wanted-airdux-coil-stock.html)

Steve January 31st 07 03:15 AM

Wanted: Airdux Coil Stock

Hello,
I'm needing some 3" coil stock 8tpi and some 2 1/2' at 8tpi.

Thanks
Steve KC5TFL

Tim Shoppa January 31st 07 05:53 PM

Wanted: Airdux Coil Stock

On Jan 30, 10:15 pm, Steve wrote:
Hello,
I'm needing some 3" coil stock 8tpi and some 2 1/2' at 8tpi.

Not cheap, but the horse's mouth is:

http://www.bwantennas.com/coils/aduxacr.htm

I have been getting glass-epoxy or phenolic tubes (good place: www.mcmaster.com
) and winding mine from rod/wire lately (silver plated in some
cases... learning how to silver plate myself too!).

Tim.

ken scharf February 17th 07 04:54 PM

Wanted: Airdux Coil Stock

Tim Shoppa wrote:
On Jan 30, 10:15 pm, Steve wrote:
Hello,
I'm needing some 3" coil stock 8tpi and some 2 1/2' at 8tpi.

Not cheap, but the horse's mouth is:

http://www.bwantennas.com/coils/aduxacr.htm

I have been getting glass-epoxy or phenolic tubes (good place: www.mcmaster.com
) and winding mine from rod/wire lately (silver plated in some
cases... learning how to silver plate myself too!).

Tim.

Easy way to silver plate wire....
Dip in well used photo fixer.

Denny February 19th 07 01:52 PM

Wanted: Airdux Coil Stock

On Jan 31, 12:53 pm, "Tim Shoppa" wrote:
On Jan 30, 10:15 pm, Steve wrote:

Hello,
I'm needing some 3" coil stock 8tpi and some 2 1/2' at 8tpi.

Not cheap, but the horse's mouth is:

http://www.bwantennas.com/coils/aduxacr.htm

I have been getting glass-epoxy or phenolic tubes (good place:www.mcmaster.com
) and winding mine from rod/wire lately (silver plated in some
cases... learning how to silver plate myself too!).

Tim.

I am in want of some 3" dia. coil stock that will handle QRO...
Normally hand wind my own but decided to go to the B&W web site...
They want $100 for a single Air Dux of that size... They want $40 for
a tiny one like you use for an oscillator... They are insane, but not
as nuts as the folks paying their price...
This morning I am so annoyed I just may go into the business...
denny