Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 7th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default One crystal with several mixers?

I'm designing a box that will use four SA605 receiver/mixer chips that
all need the same crystal reference. Even with all the good
application notes for the SA605, I'm not sure how to do this. Do I
build a Colpitts oscillator from transistors, buffer it, and then use
this output as an "external LO" for the mixers? Or do I connect up
the crystal to the SA605 oscillator pins as usual and then tap off of
this for the other chips? Using a function generator as an external
LO, I get the best results injecting a 300mVpp sine wave, if that is
useful.

Thank you!

FA 2n3866's mixers etc john cincotta Homebrew 7 December 25th 04 11:24 PM
F.S. Mini Circuits mixers Rob Homebrew 0 November 14th 04 08:31 PM
FS high level mixers James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 17th 04 05:58 PM
FS high level mixers James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 17th 04 05:58 PM